Good practices handbook for the organization of artistic events in the public space now available
Outdoor Arts Portugal ends the year 2021 with the launch of an edition that focuses on good international practices for the organization of artistic events in public space, putting them in line with legal and licensing information, risk assessment, security plans, or production planning adapted to the Portuguese reality, constituting an active support for the capacity building of the Portuguese artists and promoters in this creative field.
The editorial project focuses on a component of historical research and good practices, exposed in contrast to the national legal and regulatory context, through collaborative and transdisciplinary strategies, involving guests with different profiles and experiences in the context of the artistic creation in the public space.
The handbook of good practices for the organization of artistic events in public space is a project funded by the Portuguese Ministry of Culture, through Direção-Geral das Arts, and has an editorial team composed of:
- Editorial coordination: Bruno Costa and Daniel Vilar;
- Introduction and Positioning: Stéphane Segreto-Aguilar (Coordinator of Circostrada Network);
- Historical context and state of the art: António Franco de Oliveira (director of Radar 360);
- Public space, community and interconnections: Luís Sousa Ferreira (director of 23 Milhas and founder of Bons Sons);
- Legal and regulatory context: Alexandra Saraiva Fonseca;
- Challenges and future perspectives: Jordi Duran Roldós (University of Girona);
- Preface: coordinated by Madalena Victorino and Matilde Real;
- Afterword: Álvaro Domingues.
A edição impressa será distribuída pelos agentes profissionais do setor das artes de rua e remetida a todos os municípios nacionais, bibliotecas públicas municipais e de especialidade, promovendo uma ação de sensibilização para as características específicas e distintivas deste domínio artístico.